I see many black dress shoes have rounded tips, few pointed tips, but more have the flat tips. I am looking to buy flat tips because that is what I still see more of at the moment. I live in the upper midwest. Which are now in style please? Which will look normal in an interview? I will wear a conservative business suit because it is a financial position for which I am interviewing.Thanks,
The best shoes to wear look nice, but are not too flashy. Either round or a flat front is fine. Just stay away from anything to shiny – no metal tips – no odd colors – no funny laces. Just plain black dress shoes are what to wear.
I .30% of successfully interviewing is all about your enthusiasm, excitement, and energy.
- So smile.
- Relax, but stay alert.
- Stay positive (no one likes negativity).
- Use eye contact.
- Be yourself.
- Always represent yourself honestly.
- Sit up straight.
- Ask questions about the position, company and the interviewer. (Get them talking about themselves, and listen).
- and NEVER ask questions about salary, commission, bonuses, vacations or anything else the company can do for you. Wait until you’ve gotten the job offer.
- Never get too comfortable. Remain professional and on guard. This is a main reason why many people do not excel in final interviews.
II. 30% of the interview is about showing that you have the skills and desire to conduct the responsibilities of the position.
- So, offer specific examples of prior work, and projects, or duties that relate to each question that is asked of you.
- Do not offer general sweeping answers without specific examples.
- Always use examples of responsibilities that relate to the employer area of expertise and the position you are applying for.
III. 30% of the interview is selling yourself.
- Describe your skills.
- Communicate your passions that related to the position you are interviewing for.
- Show them that you can get along with others and that you can address questions in an organized fashion.
- Always make sure to have a personality be excited, but never be too loud, or overpowering/dominating that your lead the discussion process.
IV. 10%+ of the interview is the close.
The interview is a sales call; you are the product.
- Ask questions.
- Overcome objections.
- Tell them your interest level, availability, and why you are a superior candidate.
- And this is the hardest part, have fun! Candidates that enjoy the meeting, get the job.
How To Prepare For Your Interview:
- For your meeting with your Scion Staffing recruiter or client interview always dress in a plain navy or dark colored business suit.
- We Recommend that both men and women for all interview stages wear conservative professional attire, and shoes that present well.
- Always dress for success.
- Make sure to research the employer and position you are interested in and be on time.
- We do not represent candidates that do not possess knowledge and passion about the position thatthey are applying for. Remember that not being prepared tells an employer that you do not respecttheir time.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before an interview.
- Bring at least 3 copies of your resume.
- Prepare and bring a copy of your references.
- Bring a pen and notebook to takes notes before and during the interview.
- Prepare questions to ask during the interview.
- Greet everyone in the office with a smile and hello.
- Make sure to fill out all applications neatly and completely because you are being judged on all steps in the procedure.
- Make sure to write down notes to help you remember the highlights of the interview (write down your questions, impressions, and notes about your performance). This will help you in the future interviews and writing thank you letters.
- Directly after any client interview Scion Staffing sends you on, make sure to call your Scion Staffing Account Executive to provide feedback on the interview. (All feedback is critical)
- ALWAYS email, mail, or drop off a thank you letter with-in 24 hours, preferably the same day you interview.